Wednesday 6 June 2012

Technology is key


 If one was to travel 30 years back, they would discover that technology was not as up to date as it is in the 21 century. We have access to cell phones, computers, laptops, Iphones, blackberries and several other forms of technology. But do we ever stop to think specifically about the concept of being stripped of these useful tools? What would we do and who would we be if these forms of technology were removed from our lives.

 The access to different forms of technology has enhanced my ability to learn more about specific issues occurring in the world. It has allowed me access to blog sites, Google, Wikipedia, Facebook and twitter. All these forms of self entertainment have also been extremely useful on my blog journey. They have assisted me by providing useful information regarding my topic. Not only have they provided me with information, but also a sense of stability and reassurance. Whenever I ran into confusing regarding my topic, I knew I was always able to access the Internet in order to get a detailed explanation regarding specific issues that I found difficult to grasp. Some people believe that the development of technology is creating more of a divided between communication amongst people verbally. But logically thinking, without different forms of technology we would lack the ability to communicate amongst other individuals located all across the world. Without the ability to communicate world wide, we would lack sever information regarding topics that are concerning us. We would not be able to communicate with people who share similar interest revolving similar issues. This would be a barrier that would need to be over come in order to continue to make change all over the world.

 Throughout my high school experience I have had access to the Internet; this has made it much easier to complete school assignments and to communicate with other classmates regarding group projects. Individuals take for granted the ability to access the Internet; we commonly disregard the fact that several other people are not as fortunate to be able to use the Internet and other forms of technology as a source of assistance.


(Connection & Technology)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Selam,

    I had a similar experience, in my research I found the internet to be extremely convenient and beneficial.

    I like how you brought up the point that some people see technology nowadays as separating human beings. I think there is some truth to that point,because more and more people are relying on sites like facebook, or even text messaging to talk to others. I find that the type of communication we have in those areas can be very "surface-level", we do not really get to a deep level of conversation. However, as you said, I find that the internet connects us in many ways as well. In this blog project especially, our whole class was connected to one another and to perspectives around the world as we researched our topics. I really liked the picture at the end because it illustrates that point perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mina- I defiantly agree with you're point on how social networking sites such as facebook are separating human beings from true human communication. But the world would be completely different without access to the internet. Keeping in touch with friends and family would not be as easy as it is today.

      Delete
  2. Hi selam, I like how to know only talked about the internet and how it helped you with your research but technology in general and the different kinds of technology. As a society with used to being exposed to technology/internet that if it were removed all the sudden i think a lot of people would have a hard time. Knowing myself i use my dictionary on the ruin from my phone all the time as well as Google. Also for school, for projects Google is my go to research place after the school library. With easy communication Facebook is great but in a lot of ways Facebook/internet has it draw backs if your not careful such as privacy which is always a big thing in the news. And a lot of things my mom and I always talk about is how people are so drawn to their phone they "don't stop to smell the roses" and people don't talk in person as much which is a negative. I heard on the news that they are not only banding texting while driving but also while walking on the side walk because people aren't aware of their surroundings and some have got hit by a car or walked in to others or poles. Do you have any thoughts on this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily- I completely see the downfall to technology. It is creating a divide amongst humans, but in my personal opinion individuals must be able to disconnect themselves from technology in order to truly connect with life’s beautiful features.

      Delete